Monday, October 8, 2012

From Zubiri to Pamplona- (about 21kms)

I did not take many pics on the walk from Zubiri to Pamplona. It was a particularly nice day and it was hard to detach myself from the moment to remember to take a picture.
Arriving in Pamplona I felt myself just settle in. It is a fabulous place from my perspective with a wonderful, Basque ghetto that I felt very much at home in. In fact, a shopkeeper there was inquiring about my backround as he was convinced I was from that area. I told him I wasn't but my paternal ancestors way back were (east of Pamplona).

There were many other walkers along the way who walked with me at one time or another....and local musicians like this one who wanted to stand still.

 A Basque snack in Pamplona.

In the Basque ghetto with two locals...

Of course I was going to take this pic.

1 comment: